A message from Patty:
A first mix, usually uncertain, usually not-so-smooth to the ears, but full of thought and heart. Just like first love. Just like growing up. Here’s a compilation of songs that I’ve gathered these past few years, from friends and from unexpected places. I can be hopeful, happy, heart breaking; make it whatever you wish. The sounds are here to be with you, love it and hate it. Make it make you feel something, think something, appreciate something or remember something.
They’re some of my favourite songs, and some new loves. Some that make my heart hurt, and some that make me wish I could sing like them. Some that give praise to my Best Friend, Jesus, and some that just have funky beats.
I hope you enjoy this :)
You are loved.
1. The Cruel One by Gold Motel
2. The Day I Lost My Voice (The Suitcase Song) by Copeland
3. Rocketeer (Cover) by Clara C
4. Eileen by The Hush Sound
5. Sunrise, Sunset (Telecom Commercial NZ) by Chelsea Jade
6. Cosmic Love by Florence & The Machine
7. The Light by Sara Bareilles
8. Someone Like You (Live Acoustic) by Adele
9. Clocks by VersaEmerge
10. I’ll Run (Strings Version) by The Cab
11. I Still Believe by Jeremy Camp
12. Times by Tenth Avenue North
13. He Heals Me by India Arie
14. Moanin’ by Casey Abrams & Haley Reinhart
15. Just For Now (Live) by Imogen Heap
Download .zip here.
Patty is a recent friend of mine, found on the Internet through mutual friends. She takes wonderful photographs (check out her LomoHome here), is always hopeful and encouraging, and is a beautiful sister in Christ. She is based in New Zealand, currently, but I hope to get to meet her one day.